RadarLove! 0.2beta is now Avail!
RadarLove is a simple Radar image engine. it pulls all the image data from the National Weather Service RIDGE system, including most of the overlays. Here are some screen shots (click for full size picture):
A few pointers:
- you can click on a location, and it will zoom in on that location. When you do this, the map must not move, otherwise the zoom will not work.
- you can drag the map around with your finger (pen, pencil, or whatever it is you use). The more you are zoomed in, the more you can drag. You can even drag while looping, but while you are dragging, the loop will stop. once you stop dragging, it will continue to loop.
- the up and down hardware keys will zoom in (up) and out (down). This is much easier than using the zoom menu.
- In the location settings, you can input a ZIP code, or a city, st. If you want to use GPS to locate you, just check the box marked Locate using GPS, then click Search. Let it locate you, it will then set everything up for you.
- GPS will only set your location in the settings, it will not stay active while you are looking at radar. If you are moving around a lot, you might want to update your position every once in a while.
- If you have any questions or comments, post them in the Forum.
That’s it for now. Please, if you like and use this, please consider a donation. However small, every little bit keeps me motivated, and helps pay the web fees.